Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:9-10

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Prep: Chinatown Adventure

A couple weeks ago, those of us going to Asia had a small in-town retreat and went on a "Chinatown Adventure"

We started our morning off with a good old breakfast, Hong Kong style! Some dim sum at a pretty authntic restaurant called Urban China.



Yes, that is a chicken's foot. I ate one of those and two pieces of tripe! Other students who have been on the trip before say that near the end of the meal with Dim Sum overseas they start negotiating who will eat what, as it is rude to leave any food left on the table.

From there we began a scavenger hunt! Our team won in the end :)

  On a hunt to find the "wierdest" food!

 Because we wanted something a little less expensive (and guessed that at some point during the day someone would have to consume what we brought back), we chose two beverages.



We then needed a picture of us by the Chinatown Arch! (Did I mention it was the coldest day of the year?)

(Me concentrating a little too hard on how to get us all in the selfie to smile nicely! And yes, Morgan is behind that fur hood!)

We spoke with a few people at the next market to try to get some of the Chinese provinces on our list. The first man I asked told me he never lived in China and told me to Google it. When I let him know I couldn't use Google he asked his coworker who came up with one! I remembered one from my roommate's map of China in her room and eventually the first man actually remembered the name of another province (because of a recent Ebay purchase!)..


One of the places we needed to visit was a bakery, where we tried two things, though I can't remember what either is called... I know mine tasted like a cream puff!

 Our last stop was the Chinese cafe, where we ran in to Ian & Tiffany, the guest speakers for the weekend. This couple are missionaries in Cambodia, and one of the teams will be visting them on the Asia trip!


Then it was back to the school for our prize of white rabbits, pocky sticks and jello shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment