Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:9-10

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Where in Asia will Laura be staying?

I finally have an idea of where we'll be staying in Asia! It'll be very different everywhere I am so I am looking forward to the different experiences.

1. College Dormitories
In Hong Kong we will be sleeping at a college in one of the dorm rooms. The two Hong Kong teams will be staying together so we'll have a chance to encourage and debrief with each other every night. I'm not certain what dormitories look like in Asia, but this is what Google promises! (probably without the college boys... I hope...)


http://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2013/04/imagesconnect19.jpg

2. Homeless Shelter
After our teaching in Hong Kong we will be volunteering at a homeless shelter. Part of this experience is staying there. I'm guessing this will be in a motel style room. Another part of this experience is a blind simulation and an AIDs simulation where they see up scenarios for us to roleplay a day in the life of a blind person or an AIDs victim.

https://www.crossroads.org.hk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_4382.jpg

3. A Teacher's Apartment
We are staying in one of the teacher's apartment's during our second phase. The "beds" here are aparrantly much more like mats, but it is close to the school and we will be a little family. It will be neat to see where an average middle-class Chinese person lives.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/04/2541CACC00000578-2935957-An_alternative_Twenty_five_year_old_Ji_Lanlan_and_her_three_year-a-3_1423079274659.jpg

4. Homestay
This is perhaps the most interesting place to be staying. I will be staying with a Chinese family who likely doesn't speak much English. It will be one of the student's families and I will eat dinner and breakfast with them every day. 

http://homedeas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/chinese-apartment-buildings-11.jpg

5. A Global Worker's House
In Thailand we will be staying in a global worker's house! It is air conditioned too! Plus there is a cafe they run across the street and we will get coffee every day! Did I mention that I am really looking forward to Thailand?

 http://www.thai-blogs.com/images/richard/thaihouse_2.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Well, it looks as though there will be a great variety of accommodations for you! Anticipating some great adventure stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat looking places and it's a good thing you like adventure.
    Can't wait to see REAL pics of your REAL trip!!! So exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete