Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:9-10

Monday, September 26, 2016

Why Praise?

Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! (Ps 150:2)

I've been reminded lately of how important it is to constantly praise God for the good things He does. Some reasons I think this is important:

1. It strengthens our faith
When we can reflect and see the good things He does, it reminds us that He's there and taking an active part in our lives. It helps us to look forward to His goodness when we're going through trial.

2. It encourages others
Some of my greatest "WOW" moments are when I hear other people's stories about what God's done in their lives, which inspires and excites me to keep persisting in prayer or suffering through trials.

3. God loves it
He's our good Father and wants to hear us speaking of the good things He's done for us. It's a form of worship to Him to speak of His influence in our lives.

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. (Heb 13:15)

Now here are some of the good things He's been doing around me lately!

1. My friend's Dad (a Global Worker), who was imprisoned on false charges has been released and is safely back in Canada now. Praise God!

2. My roommate is able to live with us all year round now when she was unsure at the beginning of the year. 

3. A friend from Thailand's mother and brother got saved!



A video of our Beach Day during the Asia trip, when we took two buses of students to the beach for Shaokao (barbecue), swimming, games and chatting.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile and I love the video!!! God is so good to us and we love to sing and speak His praises!!

    ReplyDelete